Why choose a Local Estate Agent?
1st September 2017
So you’ve decided to sell your property. You’ve thought for many days leading up to this decision and now you’re thinking where do I start, sound familar? The starting point with any sale is "who do I choose to represent and market my property and why!".
In recent years, there has been a huge rise of estate agents evolving on the high street and ‘online only’ estate agents such as Purplebricks and Yopa. The rise in ‘online only’ estate agents could be due to our expanding knowledge of technology and software on our mobile phones and computers. There is also a demand for control and people would like an online trail of what’s happening and when. But for me, the question is, "do you really get control of your property and do you really get a track of notifications?".
Wolverhampton is a growing city, the house prices have recently started to increase steadily. This is likely because of the great amenities that Wolverhampton offers. Good amenities such as excellent transport links, high achieving schools and excellent shopping complexes really does appeal to all families and offers a great lifestyle. One of the schools in Wednesfield, Heath Park Business and Enterprise College is renowned for its excellent grade standards, which makes the area of Wednesfield very popular with young families and first time buyers. Figures published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the Land Registry show that Wolverhampton properties are on the increase by 4.5% and Austins Estate Agents have seen this recent rise in Wolverhampton. To our advantage, we know the area of Wolverhampton and what it has to offer. This is our home and always will be.
What are the advantages of hiring a Local Estate Agent?
- They will know the area and the community. Most staff will live locally, Austins Estate Agents do! Surely its better to have an agent represent your property that knows the road it stands in but also what’s in the surrounding area.
- They are a team, and work together alongside each other in the office. Austin’s staff are known as the Green team! As we support each other, we support you.
- They will provide a consistent service with continuous updates on your property. Austins understand that this is vital, after all how would we feel on the other end? We see it as how would we like to be treated and we implement that.
- They are able to create a relationship with you, meaning that the sales process is less stressful than first thought!
- The office is close and easily accessible, meaning popping to the office is that bit easier.
What are the disadvantages of hiring a Local Estate Agent?
- There isn’t an online booking system for viewings, however here at Austin’s what we do is provide a 24 hour phone line, meaning you can speak to a human at any time of day or night.
- You won’t have access to an online brochure of your property. Austins will provide you with a colour brochure of your property, either when you visit the office or via email. For you to keep forever!. Any amendments or newly added photos will be added to a new brochure and sent to your address or email address for your approval, handing you the keys of control.
- No fixed fee. Well actually you can still get fixed fees with a local estate agent with a no sale no fee basis! The fees are different for an online estate agent compared to a local estate agent. The fees can vary such a lot, therefore its really important that you check what you are signing. Our fees at Austins are clearly marked within the contract and one of our friendly sales team will talk you through the fees which are clearly stated, meaning that there are no hidden surprises!
Overall, selling your property is a very big decision and you have to make the choice of who to go with. Our advice is to ask what you want from the estate agent, as they have a duty of care and a service to provide. Here in Wolverhampton Austins Estate Agents will provide you with a quality service, where you are guided through the process through our friendly team. Our aim is to make the journey less stressful, create a friendship and get your property sold for the correct price. Wolverhampton is our home town and we have many happy memories here, we would like to invite you onto our friendly journey, where communication is our special ingredient. For a free sales Valuation or just a friendly conversation with a member of our team, please call 01902 244 200 anytime or email email@example.com .Connect with us through Facebook and Twitter for fun stories of the team and exciting local competitions! We look forward to hearing from you.